Sunday, August 26, 2007

Shopping Spree

Over the weekend I managed to accumulate a few goodies...

1. Halo: Uprising

I first got a glimpse of this at Comic-Con 07 and was eager to get my head wrapped around another comic book medium for Halo (HGN, anyone?). The guy at Comics n Stuff sold me the last copy and gave me a heads up on the release date for the next issue, not that I remember it though. I've already read through it. I love the illustrations, and the big, two page panel in the civilian storyline. What I don't like are the massive ads stapled into the comic itself, incredibly distracting from my read (well, they ARE ads...), only because I don't care about the conversation between a Lion and an SUV. What I did enjoy was the set up of the story to come. I'm sure someone was thinking "How bad of a position can we put the Master Chief in, for him to fight and frag his way out of?" 4/5

2.MadCatz Halo 3 Faceplate and Skins

At first I thought about giving this set away for my H3 Multiplayerpalooza birthday party, but my little sister really likes it. I'm a little sad it cost over twenty dollars, and that I snagged it on the other side a bit, but it looks much better than I thought it would. Since MadCatz signed their multi-year agreement with Microsoft, maybe I can get a hold on a much more appealing skin and faceplate design... 3/5

3. OXM Monthly Oct. 07

The content inside is nothing new, and only spans a page and a third (the remaining bit is on Halo Wars). I bought it soley for the cover art, which depicts a Master Chief, tinted in blue light. In his visor is a reflection of Cortana, passing out (like in the E3 trailer, but hotter). 1/5

4. EGM September Issue
Yeah, I know. Old. I had to fish out the Master Chief cover. Not leaving a score cause it's already been reviewed to death. But EGM > OXM. Tru fax.

5. Panera Bread for Lunch

Greek Salad and Broccoli and Cheddar soup, if you must know. Delicious. 5/5

6. Cortana Tank Top

I was stalking/tracking this item every minute since I ordered it the day it went up in the Bungie Store. I think the cute part is the stream of code printed on the inside collar :) It's quickly become my favorite new shirt, and like another female halo fan, I've already planned to wear this shirt to the midnight release at GameStop on September 25th. 5/5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

EGM has two months in a row of Halo 3? You know they're going to have a cover story for the review, so WTF, is it going to be a 3-month streak?

Awesome.